From ancient crafts to the latest fashion items, Tuscany hosts major trade shows and events in the craft and fashion sectors. From January to December, here are some of the most important events not to be missed.
Every year Florence welcomes sellers and buyers from all around the world visiting the fairs for fabrics, clothing and accessory collections organized by Pitti Immagine. Just know that such events encompass all areas of fashion and are among the world’s most important platforms. Here's the complete list:
- Pitti Uomo is the key international trade event showcasing men’s fashions and contemporary lifestyle trends;
- Pitti Bimbo displays a complete overview of the universe of children’s fashion;
- Pitti Filati is the key international event featuring yarns for the knitting industry.
Pitti Uomo, Pitti Bimbo and Pitti Filati are held every January and June and usually take place in the Fortezza da Basso.
- Modaprima is the trade fair of reference for the international market of fast fashion for medium and large retailers, it takes place every May and November in the Stazione Leopolda;
- Fragranze, last but not least, is the international fair event featuring the best in artistic perfumery, it is also usually held within the premises of the Stazione Leopolda, only in September.
Every year, since 1931, Florence hosts the annual Mostra Internazionale dell’Artigianato, or International Handicraft Trade Fair. It takes place in April at the Fortezza di Basso.
Here, you can admire handicrafts from the ancient Florentine workshops, from the other italian regions, and from all over the world.
A four-day exhibit that usually happens in May and involves around one hundred craftsmen recreating their workshops and showing their skills.
The setting for this fair is absolutely astonishing: Artigianato e Palazzo takes place in the magical garden and conservatory of Palazzo Corsini, not far from Florence's Santa Maria Novella.
Since 1993 the town of Montelupo celebrates its centuries long ceramics tradition with the International Ceramics Festival, that usually takes place the third week of June.
On the occasion of Cèramica, workshops open to the public and the town teems with special installations and exhibits. Furthermore, a rich calendar of events highlights both the traditional aspects of ceramics manufacturing and the latest innovations.
Fashion in Flair boasts a selection of the finest Italian fashion, arts and craftwork, from clothing to accessories, jewelry, from footwear to furnishings, and more.
Fashion in Flare is held in the historic Villa Bottini (a jewel within the Lucca walls dating back to the 16th century), usually in September or in October.
Throughout the year local artisans gather in Piazza Santissima Annunziata and Piazza Santo Spirito for the recurring local fairs affectionally called Fierucole or Fierucoline.
The Fierucola happens in Piazza Santissima Annunziata on the first weekend of April, May, September, October, November and December, while the Fierucolina takes place in Piazza Santo Spirito every third Sunday of each month (apart from August).