We are so proud that you enjoyed our post about “Top 10 destinations for a perfect spring in Tuscany ” that we decided to write another post, connected to the first one, with 10 things to do in Tuscany in springtime. Given that you have already decided your holiday destination, we can give you plenty of ideas about things to do. Here's a look at what Tuscany has to offer in the spring.
- A bike ride in the Tuscan hills. Whether it’s just for one day or for an entire vacation, a bike ride in Tuscany is always a good idea in the spring. The climate is mild and the days are getting longer, nature is around every corner, and it’s an environmentally friendly and cheap way of getting around. How many reasons do you need to visit Tuscany by bike? ;) Here are some ideas for the Mugello area, Montaione, Val d’Orcia or you can follow the “L’Eroica” route. For more inspiration, check out the cycling tourism section on our website and other itineraries on Around Tuscany.
- A horseback ride into nature. There are many routes for equestrian tourism along the Horse Trails of Tuscany. There the slow rhythm, the variety of scenery (from countryside to mountains) and even the green touch. Read more about this here. Read about an experience from the Play Your Tuscany Blog Tour.
- Trekking in the mountains. In Tuscany there are many well-organised trekking routes for all kinds of trekkers. This slow way of travel is perfect to savour the details of the region. If you don’t feel comfortable tackling a mountain, try an urban trekking (see point 8)! Read more on this post. From April 21, you can also take part in the Tuscany Walking Festival.
- A visit to a park. Spring is also the season of wild flowers, blossoming trees and gardens in bloom. There’s no best season to visit a park! Whether it is a playground, a nature park or a flower garden, Tuscany will offer you valid alternatives for an afternoon of fun and relaxation. Here is a list of free parks and gardens in Florence and a list of parks for the whole family (adventure, theme, nature, amusement, water parks). For an alternative thing to do, visit the Chianti Sculpture Park in Pievasciata.
- A roller skate along the seafront. In Tuscany, there are long seafronts with smooth and tiled promenades, the perfect setting for a roller skating day. You can use the bike paths along the coast: from Marina di Massa to Forte dei Marmi, from Lido di Camaiore to Viareggio, from Marina di Pisa from Tirrenia, from Piazza Mascagni in Livorno to destinations further south.
- Sailing in the Tyrrhenian Sea. Explore the islands of the Tuscan Archipelago and the myriad of sailing schools that can help you to organize this kind of leisure. Here is a post with some information.
- A motorbike trip. Motorcyclists are eagerly waiting for the spring to begin to dust off their bikes that have stood still in the garage for far too long. This is the best way to discover the enchanting landscapes of Tuscany in total freedom. Here you can find a lot of ideas for your motorcycle outing.
- A walking tour. There are tons of possibilities for a walking tour in Tuscany. From the historical paths of the Via Francigena or Mount Amiata to more affordable routes for everyone, such as city tours with historical guides, Tuscany has valid alternatives both for beginners or more experienced walkers.
- Attend religious processions and spring festivals. Especially during Holy Week, it is common to find some special celebrations in Tuscany, mostly in small towns deep-rooted in tradition. Other highlights of spring are flower festivals (like the ancient camellia fair in Capannori and the azalea exhibition in Borgo a Mozzano) and the first outdoor concerts.
- A picnic in the open air. Since you have more hours of daylight, it’s nice to have a picnic. In Tuscany, we usually go out with our families and friends to spend a day in the open air on Sundays and Easter Monday. It is a perfect occasion to taste Tuscan food and wine, and to enjoy surrounding nature in a simple way. Venture to the San Rossore park in Pisa. What is your favourite destination for a picnic?
You might also be interested in