This town is the most important in the area. The bridge is made from sandstone and dates back to the 14th century. It consists of two round arches of equal span. In accordance with local legend, in his ‘Descrizione Geografica, Storica, Economica della Garfagnana’ (Geographic, Historical and Economic Description of Garfagnana) Raffaello Raffaelli ascribed its construction to Castruccio Castracani, dating the bridge back to 1324. The bridge, restored in 1822, was blown up during the German retreat of the II World War and was re-constructed after the war.
Source: Lucca and its lands / www.luccapro.sns.it