Pallerone Castle is a luxurious seventeenth-century residence that belonged to the Malaspina Marquises of Olivola-Pallerone. It stands in the centre of the town of Pallerone that forms part of the municipality of Aulla. The structure was built in several stages starting from the end of 1500, initially at the behest of Marquis Alderano Malaspina. The late seventeenth century hall is particularly notable and elegant, enriched by magnificent frescoes that alternate mythological scenes with images depicting life of the time. The frescoes are in perfect condition thanks to recent restoration, and are probably attributable to the Fivizzanese painter of the Bolognese school, Stefano Lemmi.
In 1816, it hosted Duke of Modena Francesco IV, as evidenced in his "Travel Journal". In 1795, it was the location for a meeting of all the Malaspina marquises, before the arrival of the revolutionary forces.
The hanging garden is particulalry interesting, decorated with pebbles that form an original four-colour Ligurian mosaic (risseu).
Currently, the castle is privately owned and is often open for public and private events.