The Regal Porcupine Contrada Museum (Museo della Contrada Sovrana dell'Istrice) is right next door to the contrada’s oratory, a chapel which used to be the old church of Saints Vincenzo and Anastasio. The building has Romanesque origins and has belonged to the contrada since 1788. The interior of the oratory was renovated in the eighteenth century and is home to a Madonna col Bambino which was produced by Alessandro Casolani’s workshop. This painting hangs above a niche containing a terracotta bust of Pinturicchio who was buried here in 1513. There are also several seventeenth century Sienese school paintings.The museum tells the history of the contrada. Among the items on display are Palio trophies won over the years, Porcupine Contrada uniforms, weapons, silverware and holy items. Among them the museum marks the districts victory in 2008 of the Palio.
Via Camollia 87
Telephone 0577 48495 , 0577 41546