The Contrada della Chiocciola Museum in Siena is located in the crypt of the 17th-century Church of Saints Pietro and Paolo, which was renovated in the 19th century and has been the contrada's oratory since 1815.
The exhibit, established in 1981, is the first museum of its kind in the city of Siena and includes a section of sacred furnishings, where liturgical objects from the 15th century to the 17th century are collected. The Hall of Victories, on the other hand, displays the Palio banners won, masgalani, objects related to the palio, and costumes no longer in use made in 1878, 1904, 1925, and 1957.
The church contains paintings by Andrea and Raffaello del Brescianino (16th century), Ventura Salimbeni and Astolfo Petrazzi. In the hall of sacred furnishings, a monumental 19th-century wooden residence, an 18th-century tetramorph lectern, and an antiphonary dating from 1732 are noteworthy.