Making the candied ginger:
- Cut the ginger into small cubes and boil it in a pot full of water for 40 minutes. Drain it when it gets soft and put it in another pot with a small quantity of water (water must cover just the ginger).
- Add 200 g of brown sugar and cook for 30/35 minutes until the ginger gets brown.
- Pick the candied ginger with a slotted spoon , and let it cool.
Making the mixture:
- In a bowl...beat the eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt , trying to get a frothy mixture.
- Add the butter , the flour, the lemon zest and a tablespoon of yeast.
- Add to your mix the ginger and the chocolate chips .
- Divide the dough into three parts and form loaves of about 3 cm thick , brush them with the egg white and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Take the loaves out of the oven and cut them into 1 cm slices. Cook the biscuits for ten more minutes. Enjoy!