Cantucci are very popular oblong-shaped and crunchy almond biscuits. One of the oldest recipes dates back centuries and is on a manuscript currently conserved in the Prato City Archives.
Maria Cristina Mazzone is an italian foodblogger. She has made a step by step photo recipe to show you how easy can be make cantucci at home. Enjoy!
- 100 grams of soft butter
- 500g of flour
- 250 g of unblanched almonds
- 4 egg + 1 yolk
- 250 grams of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2. Using your hands if you don't have a mixer, the dough will be ready in just a few minutes.
- 3. Form the dough into a long roll, 2 cm in width, and brush all over with egg yolk.
- 4. Place the dough in the oven for about 20 minutes at 190.
- 5. After 20 minutes the dough will look like this.
- 6. Carefull cut the rolls into small slices as the cookie dough is delicate and tends to crumble. Bake the slices for a futher 15 minutes at 170.
- Cantucci are perfect for any celebration! Enjoy...