The Via degli Dei can be travelled on foot, but also by bicycle (except for some parts). It is an itinerary of medium difficulty and it can be covered in four/six days on foot, depending on how much you are trained, and in two/three days by bike.
However, the itinerary can be divided into 5 or more legs, so that you can also choose to cover only some sections of the path. Here are the stages that are mentioned in the official website:
- 1° leg: Bologna - Sasso Marconi - Badolo (19 km)
- 2° leg: Badolo - Madonna dei Fornelli (27 km)
- 3° leg: Madonna dei Fornelli - Passo della Futa - Monte di Fo' (17 km)
- 4° leg: Monte di Fo' - Passo Osteria Bruciata - San Piero a Sieve (21 km)
- 5° leg: San Piero a Sieve - Bivigliano - Fiesole - Firenze (33 km)
Specifically, the Tuscan section of the Via degli Dei starts halfway between the Madonna dei Fornelli and the Passo della Futa, along the 3rd leg.