The Contrada Capitana dell'Onda or "MOnd" Museum in Siena is an innovative space dedicated to the contrada, its history, and its traditions.
The tour starts in the Crypt of the Church of San Giuseppe on Via Duprè, originally built as the oratory of the consorteria dell'Arte dei Legnaioli in the 16th century and owned by the contrada since 1787. The former exhibition hall in the Crypt has expanded with new rooms developed on several levels. Several works of art from the 16th century onward are housed here, as well as the drapes of the Palio victories and some plaster casts by sculptor Giovanni Duprè (1817-1882), a contradaiolo of the Onda.
The new museum is a physical space that dialogues with the entire district and uses modern technology to make the visit open to stories and suggestions about the Onda's past and future.