Tuscany official tourism website ©2023
The Museum of the Contrada del Bruco is located in Siena in via del Comuna in the quarters adjacent to the Oratory of the Santissimo Nome di Gesù, built between 1666 and 1669.
The museum represents the contrada’s history and contains material related to life in the contrada and the Palio since the 17th century.
A collection of sacred decor and vestments are preserved here, among which are 17th-century chasubles and period costumes, flags and the Palio banners won since 1763 till the present day. Worthy of mention among the sacred décor displayed within the museum is a monstrance from 1728.