This sauce or dip is perfect over what we call bollito misto or mixed boiled meats - in the standard version, beef or hen is boiled and served with this sauce that gives the not so thrilling taste of boiled meat (slightly boring dish) a spicy-tasty flavor! However, you are sure to spot and taste this sauce if you stop by a stall selling Lampredotto!
The green sauce used as an accompaniment is very easy to make and you might choose to eat it on crostini - why not!
- 1 bundle of parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbs capers (in vinegar)
- 2 tbs of mixed pickled vegetables (in italy you will find carrots-cauliflower in the jar)
- 2 tbs of pine nuts
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- olive oil
- Boil the egg and cut it into together with the other ingredients on the cutter - the mixture you will obtain shouldbe smooth and fine.
- Place it in a bowl - add salt, pepper and start pouring olive oil until you obtain a creamy sauce.
- Before using this grean sauce - salsa verde, let it rest for some time so that all flavors can blend in.