Enjoy our exclusive visit to the Dome of the Florence Cathedral, Skip the line with our local guide.
The history of this Monument is ancient and particular. It started in 1418 when it was announced a contest for the ideal dome design, with a relevant price of 200 gold florins, and eternal fame for the winner. The leading architects of the age came to Florence and presented their ideas. Brunelleschi was the winner and Lorenzo Ghiberti was a co-superintendent. The work was hard and with many obstacles. The project had been considered impossible from many engineers!
On March 25, 1436, at the Festivity of the Annunciation, Pope Eugenius IV and a group of cardinals and bishops consecrated the finished cathedral.
Since then the Cupola is a symbol of the Florentine Renaissance.
- Tour suggested for adults
- No elevator is available, Visitors will have to climb 463 steps
- It is prohibited to enter in shorts or with uncovered shoulders
- The climb is not recommended for people suffering from heart problems, vertigo or claustrophobia
- The times of access to the monuments are subjected to changes in time due to extraordinary events