Villages, nature and mountain wines on e-bikes
A day in the unspoiled nature of Garfagnana, for bike lovers and not only
Every week on Thursday morning at 8:30am we will start our trip. We will cross the historic centre of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, then we will travel for about 3km on the main road that will carry us to the crossroads. It will allow us to definitively leave the busy areas. Then we will be able to cross rural areas, small traditional villages with splendid views of the surrounding landscape and mountains.
Our path will take place on secondary roads, mule tracks and paths that will allow us to fully savour the naturalistic spirit of this excursion.
In case we opt to reach the village of Barga, we will cross some bit more challenging stretches of paths and other stretches in comfortable secondary roads with very scenic views. The visit to the historic centre of Barga will be definitely one of the highlights of the day. The cathedral is located at the top of the village and the characteristic streets of the village will give us very picturesque views.
Barga is on the list of "the most beautiful villages of Italy" and it fully deserves this appellation.
We will go down for a few kilometres between residential areas and woods, then we will cross the Serchio river, near the town of Gallicano. Always by secondary roads, we will reach the organic farm where Gabriele, an expert oenologist and passionate about his work, will introduce us to its bio-dynamic wines.
During the visit to the farm and the tasting (not included in the price) we will be able to recharge the batteries of our MTBs to be able to fully exploit them in the afternoon itinerary.
At the end of the tasting we will return to the saddle for the last climb of our itinerary, still characteristic perched villages, and this time also the views from the mountains of Tuscan-Emilian Apennines. If the skills of the participants are adequate we will descend to Castelnuovo di Garfagnana through ancient mule tracks and chestnut woods, ending in a great way this fantastic day in MTB.
- Hiking guide during the program
- Electric MTB rental
- Owned car for the tour movements
- Lunch in a typical restaurant, to be paid directly on site
- Everything that is not expressly indicated in the "Prices include" section
- Sports shoes
- Small backpack (25/30 litres), where to store a warm and light long-sleeved garment, sunscreen, a water bottle or a bottle for water
- Waterproof jacket
- Sportswear or specific bicycle clothing, however you can participate also using normal sports clothing
- Typology: Bicycle touring
- Duration: 7 hours (full day)
- Length: about 45km.
- Difficulty: 6/7 (on a scale of 1 to 12)
- The route includes alternation of secondary roads and dirt roads, sections on paths
- Minimum participants: 4 (age minimum 14 years)
- Children pay like adults
- If you are part of a group of at least 6 people, you can choose the date you prefer
Price: 80,00€ per person (minimum 4 people)