Guided tour of Dante Alighieri's Florence
Discover the places and life of the Supreme Poet with an expert local guide
Walk around Florence and visit the places where Dante, one of the most famous poets of Italy lived from his birth (1265) to his exile (1302). Find out with us all the places that are linked to him!
You'll discover with us "Fiorenza", as Dante used to call Florence, when Giotto's Bell Tower, Brunelleschi Dome, and even Palazzo Vecchio did not exist. During his life, the city was a network of narrow streets, stone-built houses, and wooden houses; it was full of towers, small churches, and studios. You'll walk in the footsteps of the poet, investigating through monuments, tombstones, characters, houses, towers, and historical streets that tell us stories about the great poet. During this walking tour, you'll explore the city accompanied by the verses of the Divine Comedy, so you'll understand better Dante's masterpiece as well.
Our tour starts in Duomo Square, where the oldest building of the city and the baptistery of San Giovanni stand. In medieval times, this square was the entrance of the city, and from here starts the so-called “Dante's District". In fact, if you walk looking upward, from time to time you can see the words of Dante carved on the walls of the ancient Florentine towers.
During this tour we will also visit the place where he was probably born and where he first saw Beatrice.
Then, we will move to the Dante Studies Center and Ponte Vecchio, where according to the legend the struggle among Guelphs and Ghibellines began. At this point, we will reach the heart of Florence during medieval times: Piazza della Signoria and its Palazzo Vecchio, where Dante's funerary mask is kept.
At the end of this amazing tour, we will see one of the most beautiful statues of the poet, in Piazza Santa Croce, where he holds in his right hand the Divine Comedy.
- Local guide
- Earphones for groups of more than 15 participants
- Entrance tickets to main attractions
Morning tour option:
- 10:00 - Meet the tour guide and start the walking tour
- 10:30 - Discover the history and anecdotes about Dante
- 11:00 - Visit places that belonged to the poet
- 11:30 - Visit some of the most important monument of Florence history
- 12:00 - The tour ends in front of the marble statue of Dante
Afternoon tour option:
- 13:00 - Meet the tour guide and start the walking tour
- 13:30 - Discover the history and anecdotes about Dante
- 14:00 - Visit places that belonged to the poet
- 14:30 - Visit some of the most important monument of Florence history
- 15:00 - The tour ends in front of the marble statue of Dante
and no-show policies
- Free Cancellation Up to 48 hours in advance
- Please note: Check-in closes 15 minutes before the departure time, so we suggest reaching the meeting point on time. In case you'll arrive after the departure time, no refund will be issued