The “Gino Bartali” Cycling Museum is located in Florence in via Chiantigiana, near Ponte a Ema, in the rooms next to the “L’Unione” recreational club, and was opened in April 2006 for anyone interested in cycling and the great champion born here in 1914.
The first room is dedicated to Gino Bartali, nicknamed “Ginettaccio,” the great cyclist and serviceman who won three Giri d’Italia, two Tour de France and other trophies in the 1930s and 40s. The room conserves his trophies and artefacts from his life.
The second room is about other renowned cyclists, with their biographies and various jerseys, while the third room is home to period bicycles from the 1800s to the mid-1900s, including those used by champions such as Fausto Coppi and Giuseppe Olmo.
Most of the objects on display were donated by cycling enthusiasts and associations. The museum includes an archive with audio and video testimonies about Gino Bartali, which can be consulted in the dedicated projection room.