The Society of Executors of a Pious Disposition Museum (Museo della Società di Esecutori di Pie Disposizioni) is housed in two buildings which are part of the old Santa Maria degli Angeli convent, also known as ‘del Santuccio’. These buildings are also home to the Society’s headquarters. The Society’s meeting room is in what used to be the nuns’ choir and the sacristy.
The museum is home to a small but significant collection of fourteenth and fifteenth century panel paintings by the most important Sienese artists. The curators are planning to expand the museum into the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli del Santuccio which is connected to the current museum area.
Some of the museum’s most important paintings include works by Duccio di Boninsegna and his circle, as well as other fourteenth century Sienese artists such as Niccolò di Ser Sozzo, Andrea Vanni and fifteenth century painters like Sano di Pietro and Guidoccio Cozzarelli. There are also two frescoes by Rutilio Manetti (1610) which are part of the sacristy’s original decorations.
via Roma 71
Telephone 0577 284300