The Church of Sant'Agostino, with its simple brick facade, is located in Prato in the namesake piazza near the Porta al Serraglio train station. The Augustinians built a convent and oratory in 1271, and in 1400, the current church was constructed, along with new altars. In 1810, the convent was suppressed and in 1964, the complex was entrusted to the Blessed Sacrament Fathers.
The interior is characterized by a style that ranges from Gothic to Renaissance, with eight altars and several works of art, including a Madonna della Consolazione by Giovanni Battista Naldini and the intense St. Thomas Giving Alms to the Poor by Lorenzo Lippi. The building also conserves 14th-century frescoes, specifically in the Chapter house, where you can admire the Pietà by Agnolo Gaddi.
The vestibule leads to the 16th-century cloister, connected in turn to the Oratory of San Michele, which was used by the Flagellants; for this reason, there are extensive frescoes depicting a series of saints and prophets.
To the left of the building is the entrance to the Cloister of the Dead, named after the devastation that carried out here by Spanish soldiers during the Sack of Prato in 1512.