The exterior is in the Gothic-Renaissance style. The facade, made of travertine, is divided into several levels: the lower part is decorated and punctuated by four pilasters, surmounted by four ogival niches, which develop in the second level, where the terracotta bezel by Michelozzo, which depicts the Virgin Mary with Child between Saints John Baptist and Augustine, is located, too. The third level, on which the only rose window opens, shows signs of later works, being out of scale with the rest of the sections and made of a different type of travertine, marking a chromatic as well as stylistic break. The fourth and final level includes the large tympanum, over which towers the coat of arms of the Opera and Fraternity of St. Augustine, the original patrons of the church. The side walls are punctuated by the presence of large windows.
The interior develops along a single nave, the sides of which are decorated with altars and frescoes of the Renaissance school. On the left wall can be seen an altarpiece bearing an Ascension by Cesare Nebbia from Orvieto (1585); the Virgin’s Girdle by Federico Fiori called “Il Barroccio” (second half of 1500s); the Crucifixion with the Virgin and Magdalene by Lorenzo di Credi, dated between the late 1400s and early 1500s.
The right side, on the other hand, is frescoed by a Resurrection of Lazarus by Alessandro Allori (1500); a portrait of Saint Nicholas of Tolentino, by Giovanni di Paolo da Siena dating back to the early 1400s; a Piety by Pomarancio dating from the second half of the 1500s.
The main altar section is also richly decorated. Above the altar can be seen a polychrome wooden crucifix of the 1400s that sources attribute to Donatello or to Antonio da Sangallo. The rear part, where the entrance to the original choir is located, preserves a gallery frescoed during the 1600s by Bartolomeo Barbiani of Montepulciano, a pupil of Pomarancio.
In the Church of St. Augustine are also kept, since 1930, the relics of the Blessed Pucci-Franceschini.