1. Line a round baking tray with removable bottom (22 cm/9inches diameter) with the host
2. Toast the almonds in the oven at 200°C/400°F for 5-6 minutes. Chop them roughly with a knife.
3. Mix only 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with all the spices except for cocoa powder. Add about half of the mixture to the almonds and keep aside the rest.
4. Chop candied fruits in small dices.
5. In a saucepan over low fire heat sugar and honey until they are liquid. You reach the right point of cooking when by picking a small amount of the mixture with a toothpick and passing it under cold water, a solid sphere forms. This process should take roughly 15 minutes.
6. Turn off the fire and pour in the saucepan the almonds, the candied fruit and the flour, sieved. Mix quickly and pour the mixture in the baking tray, flattening with the back of a damp spoon.
7. Add cocoa and 1 tablespoon of sugar to the spices and sprinkle everything over the surface using a sieve. Bake at 150°C/300°F for 30 minutes. Once cooled, remove from the baking tray and sprinkle with sugar.