Cantucci are very popular oblong-shaped and crunchy almond biscuits. One of the oldest recipes dates back centuries and is on a manuscript currently conserved in the Prato City Archives.
Maria Cristina Mazzone is an italian foodblogger. She has made a step by step photo recipe to show you how easy can be make cantucci at home. Enjoy!Ingredients: • 100 grams of soft butter • 500g of flour • 250 g of unblanched almonds • 4 egg + 1 yolk • 250 grams of sugar • ½ teaspoon of baking powder Preparation:
- Using your hands if you don't have a mixer, the dough will be ready in just a few minutes.
- Form the dough into a long roll, 2 cm in width, and brush all over with egg yolk.
- Place the dough in the oven for about 20 minutes at 190.
- After 20 minutes the dough will look like this.
- Carefull cut the rolls into small slices as the cookie dough is delicate and tends to crumble. Bake the slices for a futher 15 minutes at 170.
- Cantucci are perfect for any celebration! Enjoy...