Six days immersed in the Garfagnana countryside
Six-day holiday where Nature will be the undisputed protagonist: cave excursions, visit to lakes and parks and canyoning
Do you love to spend your time open air? You are in the right place: Garfagnana is ready for you!
This territory is a privileged space, a heritage of biodiversity of exceptional value. You can admire these places or admire by a mountain lake, on the high-altitude pastures, in front of a gurgling stream, all around the profiles of the Apennines and the Apuan Alps.
After the arrival in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, the second day will be dedicated to speleology. We will explore the Vallisneri Cave, known as the "Lair that screams", then the underwater world of the Grotta del Vento.
On the third day, Lake Vagli awaits us. One of the main attractions in the area, also known because when it is dried up a ghost town re-emerge: Fabbriche di Careggine.
On the fourth day we will visit the Parco dell'Orecchiella and we can walk along the "Sentiero del Fontanone", "degli Orsi", or the "Sentiero dei cervi" ... the choice is yours! You won't miss the visit at the botanical garden located at the foot of the Pania di Corfino cliff.
Your fifth day will be dedicated to canyoning and we will go into the deepest part of the "Orrido of Botri".
During the trip we will also visit the Ariostesca Fortress of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, a dairy, and we will enjoy a typical "garfagnina" dinner, with the best dishes of the local cuisine.
Check the complete program here.
- Overnight stay with accommodation in the agreed structure: hotel / agritourism / b & b / holiday home
- Half board: breakfast and dinner in a restaurant, tavern or hotel
- Lunches indicated in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Guided tours and excursions, as envisaged in the program
- Tastings, as envisaged in the program
- Entrances, if provided for in the program
- Train tickets, provided in the program
- Taxes and service rates
- An Assistant / Companion for the duration of the tour
- Transfers to / from places of residence
- Transfers during the tour
- Transfers to and from railway stations
- Meals not mentioned or defined as free
- Optional visits and excursions
- Medical baggage and cancellation penalty insurance
- Optional insurance
- Local tourist taxes, where applicable
- Tips and extras of all kinds and of a personal nature
- Anything not expressly indicated in the item "services included"
and no-show policies
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure: 50% penalty.
Cancellations from 14 days before departure: 100% penalty