The Filet Museum is housed within the rooms of Villa La Magia in Quarrata, preserving a collection of tools and artifacts related to the tradition of mòdano and filet embroidery.
Filet lace is a type of workmanship deriving from the techniques that fishers used to create and repair fishing nets, characterized by checkering with special designs and weaves obtained through the use of a needle called a mòdano.
The collection testifies to the craftsmanship and entrepreneurial skills of Countess Gabriella Rasponi Spalletti, who opened an embroidery school at the Tuscan estate of Quarrata in 1897.
The current set-up stems from the collaboration of the City of Quarrata with the Bonaccorso da Montemagno State Comprehensive Institute, which promotes a workshop for adults aimed at teaching the filet craft technique.