Tuscany official tourism website ©2023
The Parish Church of Santo Stefano a Castiglioni is located outside the town of Rufina, an architectural complex consisting of several buildings including the church and the bell tower.
Medieval religious documents testify to the existence of the parish church, which was renovated in 1926, eliminating all the Baroque additions in order to restore the original Romanesque structure. Indeed, the portal, the oculus overlooking the place of entry and the top part of the bell tower were all rebuilt.
The inside of the building is divided into three naves, each one with a trussed ceiling. The far end of the building, with a tribune and three apses, is an architectural peculiarity that is rarely found in churches in the Florentine area.