The church is located in front of the ancient seaside portico, located along the medieval city walls, or rather, near the beginning of Via Santa Maria. It was erected in the 17th-century, most probably to give a scenic backdrop to the ancient road that constituted the oldest part of Cararra. The façade of the church presents a gable with a statue of the Blessed Virgin of the Rose, which was created in the early-1500s by the Spanish sculptor Bartolomeo Ordonez. The church has a single nave and four beautiful altars that are decorated with marble. Among these is the beautiful altar dedicated to Maria Maddalena De’ Pazzi, erected in 1685 by the Count Francesco Maria Diana.