Very fast, not at all light and truly impressive! Who says you can't eat flowers - yes you can and above all, in the case of zucchini blossoms, you should!
- 20 zucchini blossoms
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup of water
- 1 big pinch of salt
- frying oil (better if sunflower)
- Clean the flowers taking away the pistil and stalk. Rapidly rinse, blossoms are very delicate so the less you handle them - the better.
- Prepare a batter done with water, flour and salt. It should be quite liquid. Keep it very cold putting your bowl in a second bigger bowl full of water and ice cubes.
- Dip blossoms in the batter. Then deep-fry them.
- Drain and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve hot
Tip* the blossoms used in this recipe aren't the ones you find attached to the zucchini. You should buy the "male" blossoms, that have a long and thin stem.