Your adventure should start off from Treschietto, a small hamlet with a castle, located on the slopes of Monte Matto. Next go toward Iera, following the trail markings leading toward Lunigiana. You’ll enjoy viewing lush chestnut groves, blooming fields, and characteristic limestone paths.
If you continue along for another 40 minutes, you’ll find Compione. When going toward Apella, make sure you’re wearing a good pair of hiking boots and prepare for a trek featuring loads of up-and-down trails.Follow the red and white trail markings until you reach the Monte Santa Maria Pass and then go downhill toward the Bagnolecchi stream.
From there, you’ll start an uphill climb toward the Foce di Monte Colla Pass where you can enjoy a splendid view of the Apuane Alps, the Apennine mountain ridge and the underlying hamlet of Apella. After a final descent, you’ll reach the comfortable Visitors Center where you can learn more about the Park’s amazing beauties.
Trekking and Outdoor
- Capraia, hiking through mountains above the seaCapraia Island
- Renaissance Ring around FlorenceFlorence Area
- Monte Forato ring-routeFornovolasco
- Excursion in the Migliarino, San Rossore and Massaciuccoli Nature ParkMigliarino, San Rossore and Massaciuccoli Nature Park
- Exploring the Nature Park of the MaremmaMaremma Nature Park