Routes to be traveled on foot, on "two wheels" and on horseback.
Outdoor performances and theatrical entertainment in the streets of the hilltop village of Castelnuovo d'Elsa.
And an absolute novelty: the "poets along the Francigena", who will accompany visitors to discover the Castle of Coiano, near one of the "stops" described by Sigeric in 990 AD.
From Friday, September 30, to Sunday, October 2, "The Via Francigena in Valdelsa, between dream and legend" will take place in Castelfiorentino, to revisit the ancient route traveled by pilgrims in the Middle Ages and immerse oneself in a magical atmosphere of yesteryear.
An edition that presents itself with an increasingly rich and diverse program, accessible and open as always to novelties.
The first novelty is scheduled for Saturday, October 1, with "Poets on the Francigena" at Coiano Castle. Massimiliano Bardotti, Paolo Parrini and Annalisa Ciampalini, through the subtle secret of words and music, will tell fragments of the mystery of love that is our existence. At the end, possibility of truffle tasting and wine glasses.
These are some of the scheduled events:
- hikes revolving around the theme of accessibility, Sunday also enlivened by hilarious theatrical performances;
- trekking hikes "in the footsteps of Sigeric", with stops and tastings along the way, sunset trails and theatrical entertainment;
- the Francigena by e-bike or on horseback
- theatrical performance "Castellofobia. Dove la paura attraversa la francigena", an eerie blend of anguish, bewilderment and chilling situations
- "Notte teatrale", an itinerary consisting of five locations set in medieval times and more than eighty actors and figurants;
- "Un borgo in festa," a food and wine market, with workshops on baking and food of the period;
- the "pilgrim's canteen" (fixed menu at EUR 18).
More information and full program on the Castelfiorentino Tourist Office Facebook page.
The event is sponsored by the Municipality of Castelfiorentino, with the patronage of the AEVF (European Association of Vie Francigene), the Region of Tuscany, the Metropolitan City of Florence, the Union of Municipalities Circondario Empolese Valdelsa, and seventeen municipalities in central Tuscany. They collaborated: Proloco Castelfiorentino, Associazione Culturale Teatrale GAT, Compagnia Trivia APS, TeatroCastello, Associazione Sguardo e Sogno, Toscana Hiking Experience, Associazione Culturale Cetra, Associazione "Senza Barriere" onlus, Associazione "Comunità Castellana per il Ciclismo Popolare" Toscana By Bike, ASD Cicli Zapier Pontedera, Castello di Coiano, Stefania Calugi Tartufi, Farmers Association, "Riders of Valdelsa" Association, Circolo Arci and Castelnuovo d'Elsa Festive Committee, "Giglio Rosso" Photography Group, Istituto Comprensivo, Istituto Superiore F. Enriques, Prociv Arci, Rav, Misericordia Castelfiorentino.