Visit to Brunella Fortress in Aulla
Itinerary to discover the Renaissance fortress that hosts also the Museum of Natural History of Lunigiana
Brunella Fortress is a Renaissance imposing stronghold near the confluence of the River Magra and the Aulella stream, it dominates Aulla historic centre and houses the Museum of Natural History of Lunigiana.
The fortress controlled all the main roads and Apennine passes. Its origins are still mysterious.
Natural History Museum of Lunigiana has four exhibition rooms about naturalistic aspects of Magra river basin; valley floor, hilly, mountain and sub-mountain landscape.
The fortress is open to the public with guided tours by Sigeric environmental guides.
Note and Information:
- It is possible to visit the fortress only with the person, who is in the ticket office. In the opening days of the building each 45 minutes there is a guided tour.
- For the period April – June 2023, the fortress is open to the public on Saturday, Sunday and holidays p.m.
- July - August all the days
- September - October on Saturday, Sunday and holidays p.m.
- Ticket prices: full fare 6 euro; reduced rate 3 euro (over 65, under 18, students, groups with more than 15 people); free for children under 6 years old and residents in Aulla Municipality
- early reservation required
Guided tour and entrance ticket