The Garfagnana gourmet flavours
Five days to discover three "Slow Food" restaurant in Garfagnana and Valle del Serchio and their typical dishes: biroldo, potato bread and Bazzone ham
We offer you a 5-day package that will be a delight for the eyes and the palate. We will visit a number of restaurants in the Garfagnana selected by the association Slow Food, an organization that promotes local food and traditional cooking in Italy.
We have developed this itinerary thanks to the experience of local restaurateurs. We will have dinners in family-run inns and rural villages to guarantee you a unique and unforgettable experience.
Every evening there will be a typical "Garfagnina" dinner and two of them are recommended by local Slow Food Italy. We will taste the products of the local cuisine at Osteria Vecchio Mulino in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, the restaurants Il Pozzo in Pieve Fosciana, Antica Locanda San Leonardo in Ghivizzano and the Bottega del Fattore in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana.
We will also visit a cheese factory, where the manufacturer will show us the milk process and taste the different cheeses of their production, accompanied by bread and honey.
We will visit an artisanal pork processing laboratory and taste local pork products and salami.
The visits in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana (with Ariostesca Rock and Mont'Alfonso fortress), Barga and Pieve di Loppia, Ghivizzano and its castle make you appreciate even more this beautiful journey.
- Overnight stay with accommodation in the agreed structure: hotel / agritourism / b & b / holiday home
- Half board: breakfast and dinner in a restaurant, tavern or hotel
- Lunches as indicated in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Guided tours and excursions, as envisaged in the program
- Tastings as envisaged in the program
- Entrances, if provided in the program
- Train tickets, as envisaged in the program
- Taxes and service rates
- An Assistant / Companion for the duration of the tour
- Transfers to / from places of residence
- Transfers during the tour
- Transfers to and from railway stations
- Meals not mentioned or defined as free
- Optional visits and excursions
- Medical and luggage insurance and cancellation penalties
- Optional insurance
- Local tourist taxes, where applicable
- Tips and extras of any kind and of a personal nature
- Anything not expressly indicated is the item "Prices include"
and no-show policies
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure: 50% penalty.
Cancellations from 14 days before departure: 100% penalty