The Eroica route in three stages
Bike tour to discover the journey of the famous race, riding through Brunello di Montalcino, Val d'Orcia, Crete Senesi and Chianti region
The Eroica is a unique experience and you can enjoy all year long riding the permanent route.
The tour is long 209 km in the heart of the Terre di Siena area, through Chianti, Crete Senesi and Val d'Orcia. It is a journey into the essence of the legendary Tuscan landscape, characterized by challenging and technical segments that make this route a great opportunity to practice cycling.
The route alternates paved and gravel roads and has a total elevation gain around 3800 meters. Gravel roads cover approximately 112 kilometers on 209 kilometers. Your experience will be divided into three stages of around 70 km, the elevation gain achieved each day will be higher than 1100 meters.
Note: the journey is self-guided. At your arrival, you will receive the roadbook, maps and all the information and suggestions to complete the route of L'Eroica.
- 4-nights stay with breakfast in a double room
- Baggage transportation between hotels
- Informations for your daily stage
- Maps with altimetry of each stage in PDF file
- GPX tracks for GPS system or mobile App.
- Phone assistance by Anima Toscana staff
- Tourist city tax
- Medical insurance
- Day 1: Arrival in Siena, accommodation in 3 stars hotel
- Day 2: Val d'Arbia e Montalcino; 74 km - 1480 meters elevation gain
First stage direction Montalcino and Brunello region, riding the challenging gravel route of Castiglion del Bosco. You'll then reach San Quirico d'Orcia.
Accommodation in 3 stars hotel
- Day 3: Crete Senesi e Monte Sante Marie; 72 km - 1400 meters elevation gain
Second stage between Val d'Orcia and Crete Senesi. You'll visit Buonconvento and Asciano before Monte Sante Marie gravel route. End of the stage at Castelnuovo Berardenga, the southern town in Chianti. Accommodation in 4 stars hotel/agriturismo
- Day 4-Chianti; 77 km -1360 meters elevation gain
Last stage in the Chianti region, one of the most important wine area in the world. You'll reach Radda in Chianti and Gaiole in Chianti and have the chance to visit the Castle of Brolio. Accommodation in 3 stars hotel.
- Day 5-Departure
Please for a detailed programme see here.
and no-show policies
Up to 31 days before the start of the trip penalty equal to 25% of the total amount, from 30 to 21 days penalty of 50%. Less than 21 days: penalty equal to 100% of the total amount