Located in Via Roma, this sanctuary was built in response to a series of prodigious events that occurred around a tabernacle located at the junction where Via Marco Roncioni exists today (this street was once used to travel to Galciana.) During a storm that raged on November 6, 1574, a shepherd girl and her flock were miraculously protected from harm. Other extraordinary events occurred in the months that followed.
The church has a portico on three of its sides and can be considered a prototype of many Tuscan sanctuaries built in the 17th and 18th centuries. Its façade is characterized by brick frames and visitors will be able to spot the Medici coat of arms. On the right side, you’ll find the bell tower, built between 1826 and 1827. The church’s modest interior was modified by restoration projects in later years. In the center of the main altar, art lovers will delight in the miraculous fresco depicting the Virgin nursing the Christ-child, created by Pietro and Antonio di Miniato.