In 1882, when the college was a National Boarding School, Gabriele d'Annunzio and Curzio Malaparte--among others--completed their studies here.
The plans for the college created by the Milanese Jesuit Giovan Battista Origoni followed the models of the major Lombardic institutions, but were slightly modified in later years. The atrium and primary entrance were commissioned in 1793 from the Pratese architect Giuseppe Valentini (1752-1833) after the college was secularized by Granduke Pietro Leopoldo. Valentini was a key figure in Prato for the interpretation of Granducal reform.
Among the college's most beautiful internal spaces is the 18th century Chapel of the Collegians and the frescoed Refectory (1753.)
Painting of sacred stories found on the walls of the college are the work of the Pratese artist Giacinto Fabbroni (1712-1783.) The vault was redecorated in the second half of the 19th century.
Source: APT Prato