The Montegiachi Fort is located on an embankment on a hill that dominates the surrounding valley. It was built by Antonio Maria di Checco Cinughi, becoming one of the Cinughi counts’ several estates in the Castelnuovo territory. It was undoubtedly built before 1522, when Antonio Maria’s will makes mention of the villa he left to his sons, Valerio and Alessandro. In 1827, after a careful survey of the villa and its surrounding buildings, several sections of the complex were restored.
The vast territory is close to the evocative Crete Senesi
Castelnuovo Berardenga is at an altitude of 351m and has a population of approximately 7000 inhabitants. The town takes its name from Count Berardo, a descendant of the Count of Siena Guinigi who governed over the city during the second half of the IX century. His family moved to the country when they lost control of Siena. ...Morekeyboard_backspace