The Church of Santa Maria Maddalena de’ Pazzi in Florence is a large site that includes a monastery that was founded in 1256-57 and assigned to Cistercian monks in the 14th century. From 1481 onwards, the monastery and the church, passed onto the Cistercian monks, were renovated in the Renaissance style. More restoration took place in the 17th century following the transfer of the monastery to the Carmelite nuns and the canonisation of St. Mary Maddalena de’ Pazzi. In 1888, the Carmelites abandoned the monastery.
In the crypt there is an 18th-century altar with a wax effigy to St. Victor the Martyr, above which there is a detached fresco by Berandino Poccetti depicting St. Mary Magdalene that originally decorated the lunette above the entrance to the church. The frescoes in the capitulary room are in their original place. Apart from the famous crucifix fresco by Pietro Perugino and a fresco by Bernardino Poccetti, Penitent St. Mary Magdalene, you can also admire a fresco and sinopis by the Perugino School depicting Christ showing St. Bernard his sixth wound from carrying the Cross.