Hiking weekend between Elba and Pianosa islands
Three days in the Tuscan Archipelago to relax surrounded by nature
A long weekend to discover by foot two pearls of the archipelago. They are very close to each other but completely different in history, morphology and size.
The island of Elba is famous for its pebble and sand beaches, its hills and high mountains. The fascinating Pianosa (accessible to the public only after the prison was closed years ago) is a natural platform of fossils that emerges from the intense turquoise sea, populated by a multitude of colorful fish and many other marine species.
The tour will depart from the small coastal town of Marina di Campo, Elba Island, a famous place for local fishermen, and it will take us to the bay of Galenzana. The second day is a real immersion in the unspoiled nature of the island of Pianosa: through a panoramic walk we will reach Punta del Marchese to enjoy a unique sea view.
On the third day of the tour we will have the last short trek in the Island of Elba. The starting point will be the medieval village of San Piero. The walking route will take us to the historic Via dei Pastori, an ancient connection road linked to sheep farming and the traditional extraction of granite, typical of this part of the island.
- Price per person
- Single room supplement: € 40.00 / person
- Piombino / Isola d’Elba maritime passage round-trip
- Transfers by minivan for the whole period
- Hiking guide for the duration of the stay
- Accommodation in 3 *** hotel Treatment of half board
- Maritime passage Marina di Campo / Pianosa Island round-trip
- National Park fee for the Island of Pianosa
- Medical baggage insurance
- RC insurance and VAT
- Journey from the city of origin to Piombino
- Car parking in Piombino
- Museum entrance not provided
- Everything that is not mentioned under Prices include
- Arrival at the harbour of Portoferraio and meeting with the guide. Transfer to the hotel. Presentation of the program and accommodation in the rooms
- Trekking excursion to Marina di Campo departing from the beach towards Capo Poro and Galenzana bay
- Return to hotel, dinner and overnight
- Meeting with the guide and boarding for the island of Pianosa. Visit of the town and trekking
- Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight
- Meeting with the guide and trekking in the western part of the island
- Short trek starting from the historic village of San Piero along a stretch of the Vie dei Pastori
- Transfer to Portoferraio at 2 pm for departure