An exclusive weekend discovering taste and wellness
Two days in Garfagnana between Castelnuovo and Bagni di Lucca: typical flavors, art, history and some relaxing time at the Spa
A couple of days that will surprise you! This area in Tuscany has always been the starting point of our activities. A place rich of flavors and values, cradle of traditions and identity, springboard towards reality to that surrounds us and safe return after our wanderings.
Our projects and itineraries aim to enhance all this through a very specific tool: culture, in all its forms.
The village of Castelnuovo Garfagnana is the first stop of our tour. Here we will start with a visit to a winery, where we will taste three Garfagnana wines, accompanied by local cheese, honey and jams.
Then we will visit the fortress of Mont'Alfonso and the Rocca Ariostesca that dominates the center of the village. In the sixteenth century, it hosted for three years the poet Ludovico Ariosto, who at the time of the Este dominion had been named Governor of the province of Garfagnana.
We won't miss the "garfagnina" typical dinner with some of the best dishes of the typical cuisine of the area. Farro, chestnuts and mushrooms are the ingredients of a simple but substantial cuisine.
The second day we will dive into pleasure and relaxation at the ancient thermal baths of Bagni di Lucca, inside one of the most ancient and healing water. Since the Middle Ages these Spas have been known for their therapeutic values.
For those who want to live a very captivating and unforgettable experience, as an alternative to the spa, we will offer you the emotion of a rafting descent.
Full details are available by clicking on the appropriate link in the "Programme" section.
- Overnight stay with accommodation in the agreed structure: hotel / agritourism / b & b / holiday home
- Half board: breakfast and dinner in a restaurant, tavern or hotel
- Lunches indicated in the program
- Drinks with meals
- Guided tours and excursions, as envisaged in the programme
- Tastings, as envisaged in the programme
- Entrances, if provided in the program
- Train tickets, if provided in the program
- Taxes and service rates
- An assistant / companion for the duration of the tour
- Transfers to/from places of residence
- Transfers during the tour
- Transfers to and from railway stations
- Meals not mentioned or defined as free
- Optional visits and excursions
- Unspecified inputs
- Medical baggage and cancellation penalty insurance
- Optional insurance
- Local tourist taxes, where applicable
- Tips and extras of all kinds and of a personal nature
and anything not expressly indicated in the "Prices include" section
and no-show policies
Cancellations up to 15 days before departure: 50% penalty.
Cancellations from 14 days before departure: 100% penalty