Previously dedicated to the Santissima Annunziata, the Church of the Holy Spirit was constructed by the Servite Order around the middle of the 14th century, along with the attached monastery, and was renovated several times in the 16th and 17th centuries. T
he convent was closed at the end of the 1700s at the same time that the church was rededicated to the Holy Spirit and became a repository for masterpieces which were originally located in other churches and oratories which closed at the same time.
Along the plastered side of the church are two 16th-century doorways and the wooden cantoria was carved and painted by Domenico Valleri in 1741. The single-nave interior, with a wood-beam ceiling, includes paintings by Jacopo di Cione, Santi di Tito, and Filippo Lippi.