Tuscany official tourism website ©2023
The Cassero Museum in Monte San Savino is located in the medieval fortress by the Sienese between 1382 and 1384 under the direction of architect Bartolo di Bartolo. The museum is dedicated to the village’s centuries-old tradition of ceramic production, specialized particularly in producing objects of everyday use and style.
In the section dedicated to everyday ceramic pieces, there are 18th- and 19th-century jars, bed warmers and pasta warmers, as well as exquisite older pieces and ceramics by contemporary artists such as Salvatore Cipolla and Sergio Guidi. The museum also conserves a wooden crucifix by the Sienese school from the 1300s and a Madonna and Child by Orazio Porta.