A day-tour dedicated to the writer and anthropologist Fosco Maraini, in love with Garfagnana, the land that adopted him for the last twenty years of his life. This tour retraces the places, the paths and the house of the great narrator: Casa Maraini and Mount Rovaio. A ring-route from Alpe di Sant'Antonio to Pianizza, Colle a Panestra and the Rovaio round-tour, passing through many small villages and places that were dear to Maraini.
Recommended clothing and equipment: hiking shoes, hiking clothing in layers, rain jacket, poles or sticks (optional), daily backpack, packed lunch, water to drink at least 1.5 L, hat.
- Participants: minimum 2 people (price per person € 79.00) and maximum 15 people
- Advance notice of 24 hours required
- The price of the excursion decreases as the number of participants increases and, in case, you will be refunded for the additional expense
- Duration: full day - 8 hours
- If you are part of a group of at least 6 people, you can choose the date you prefer
- Suggested period: May - October
That Maraini's refuge under the Panie.
"What are these mountains? I asked very intrigued, almost afraid. I admired for a long time the unusual spectacle that made me think, I don't know why, of the creation of the world: lands yet to be shaped that emerged from a boundless void those of the fire.