Soft trekking in the typical Chianti landscape among the villages in the enchanted atmosphere of the hills, forts and the historic "Terzieri" of the League of Chianti. A real journey in the medieval history age, made of bitter battles between Siena and Florence, of castles-fortresses guarding the border lines, of millenary parishes and decadent-looking Gothic masterpieces, but also incredible views of vineyards and ancient tower-houses, places where nature and man have contributed to create a heritage of incredible beauty.
We will leave from the center of Gaiole and follow part of the route of the "Eroica" bicycle race. We will arrive in the presence of the magnificent villa of San Donato in Perano, a historic residence built on ancient Etruscan and Roman settlements and later transformed into a castle, a truly evocative and scenic place.
We will follow the scenic northwest ridge, always accompanied by vineyards as far as the eye can see, to reach Villa Vistarenni, a historic residence built in the 17th century by the Strozzi family.
The excursion will take place on Sunday, November 6, starting at 9 a.m.
- A stretch of the famous "Eroica"
- The beautiful Castle of Vertine, high above Gaiole
- The historic and photographed Meleto Castle
- The gothic San Pietro in Avenano
- The Big Bench for nice photos
- The Fortress of Castagnoli and Barbischio, ancient Market Place
- The Market Square of Gaiole in Chianti