The Church of San Martino is also known as the Church of the Bridge, on account of its closeness to the bridge over the Frigido. The title of San Martino, patron saint of the Borgo del Ponte was given to it in 1596 by the bishop and count of Luni mons. Savago. Initially the church was part of the hospital of San Giacomo and Cristoforo and had assumed the title of “Chapel of the Hospitale Sancti Jacobi”. The chapel must have been of modest dimensions because it consisted only of an altar, which today is the high altar. In this chapel are also preseved the small marble statues which one upon a time were placed at the sides of the altar of the church after its renovation was carried out.