Pheasant terrine with shallots and endives by Arturo Dori, a Tuscan personal chef. Serves: 8 people INGREDIENTS - 2 pheasants of about 900 gr. each - 2 egg whites - 250 ml of fresh cream - 1 glass of Vin Santo - 2 glasses of white wine - 1 tablespoon of juniper berries - 1 tablespoon of black pepper - 4 bay leaves - 1 sprig of sage - 1 sprig of thyme - "Lardo" (slices) to line the mold - Bacon slices to wrap the breasts - 500 gr. shallots - 8 endives - Salt and pepper to taste - 2 tablespoons of sugar - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil PREPARATION
- Debone the pheasants, then remove the skin and excess fat.
- Marinate with bay leaves, juniper, pepper, beans, white wine and Vin Santo and leave to stand for at least three hours in the fridge making sure to stir occasionally.
- Drain the pheasant and remove the excess herbs and spices.
- Create a mixture putting the meat, with the exception of two breasts, in a food processor with the cream and egg whites
- Line the mold with slices of ‘lardo’ and wrap the breasts with the slices of bacon.
- Arrange half of the mixture into the mold, and then place the two breasts as in the photos.
- Cover with the remaining mixture and the remaining slices of bacon,
- Bake in the oven in a bain marie for about 1 hour at 190 °.
- Put a weight on the “terrine” and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (always with the weight on top)
- Put the endives and shallots in a saucepan with oil and a little water. Add sugar, salt and brown them on the flame.
- Turn out the terrine and cut into slices. Arrange them on a platter with glazed vegetables.
You might also be interested in