Pasta and legumes mixed together can be found throughout the country what makes this pasta and chickpeas (pasta e ceci) tuscan is the rosemary. Rosemary gives this pasta a herb twist that reminds us of the rosemary bushes throughout the Tuscan hills. It's easy to make but be careful the quality of the chickpeas must be excellent. Ingedients for 4 people
- 200 g small pasta
- 500 g of cooked chickpeas
- 6 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- 1lt of vegetable broth
- Place the garlic cloves and garlic in a pot with the olive oil over a low flame.
- Add the tomato paste, half the chickpeas and the pasta. After a few minutes add the vegetable broth and take the rosemary and garlic cloves away.
- Let the pasta cook and add the remaining chickpeas that you will have mashed roughly using a fork.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper.
You might also be interested in