Tuscany is known all over the world for its beautiful landscapes and artistic places. To have an idea of its treasures, here’s some Zoover users’ stories about their holidays in Tuscany.
- On the top of the Guinigi tower you’ll have a wonderful view over the city with all its typical red roofs
- Don’t forget to walk along the towering city walls
- A definitely Lucca’s must see is the Piazza Anfiteatro, settled on the former amphitheatre.
- Visit each district of Siena. They have all their own flag and icons
- You have to visit the Piazza del Campo: it’s impossible not to see that, it’s so huge! Thanks to the annual Palio Horse race, Piazza del Campo is one of the most famous squares in Italy.
- Don’t miss the “Bad and Good government allegory” fresco in the Palazzo del Governo
- Throughout Pisa’s little streets you’ll find small -but great- restaurants
- Take a picture of the the Palazzo della Carovana in Piazza dei Cavalieri, in which the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa has its base
- Visit the Museo San Matteo, with great medieval pieces of art
- The Central Market in San Lorenzo neighborhood is amazing with its Lampredotto stalls, small restaurants, meat, fruit and vegetables sellers!
- Don’t miss to buy a precious jewel into one of the gold stores on the beautiful Ponte Vecchio.
- Cross the Old Bridge and get lost into Oltrarno’s narrow street, then enjoy the old taste of this less-touristic part of the city, without the crowds
Many many thanks to Michele Aggiato, Zoover Italia country manager, for his guest post :)
You might also be interested in