Getting married abroad may seem like a far off dream, but getting married in beautiful Tuscany is easier than you think! Without a doubt, getting married can be stressful with all the planning, making sure the little details are perfect, and that everything goes off without a hitch! We have become a generation obsessed with location, location, location; the perfect setting, the latest hotspot, the new ultimate destination or the celebrity hideout. And Tuscany is quickly becoming the location of a lifetime!
Low cost travel and the Internet have made a flight to Europe as familiar as booking a train journey, and Tuscany has everything and more! Where better to get married than a small island in the Mediterranean, a beautiful countryside villa or a remote winery nestled into the rolling hills of Tuscany?
With beautifully varied landscapes, Tuscany has become a hugely popular destination of couples wishing to celebrate their “matrimonio” overseas. Home to some of the most well-known wine in the world, incredible food, and several international airports that make arriving here as simple as catching a cab, Tuscany is a dream location that is now accessible to a couple on any budget.The first step in creating your Tuscan Dream Wedding is to select the location. Planning a trip to Tuscany to view different venues will soon have you swooning over the many charms of the region. From lively wineries, bursting withe smell of wine-in-the-making, to village squares that are packed with fresh local produce markets. Once the venue has been selected, the next tough decision is what food and wine to serve on the big day. We all know that Italians are talented in the kitchen and are very proud hosts. A menu tasting in the hands of an Italian chef is always guaranteed to make you smile. The portions are generous and beautifully presented, and the wine flows… as does the Prosecco… and limoncello. Once all the final arrangements have been made, the big day can finally begin! As dawn breaks on the wedding day, or in most cases, the wedding weekend, the guests are settled into their various accommodations and there is a buzz of excitement in the air. Undoubtedly, the day will be flawless and filled with countless happy memories. And as the bride and groom walk off into the Tuscan sunset, guests will always remember the fireworks that lit up the rolling countryside.
Useful tips for getting married in Tuscany
- When choosing your venue make sure you view both good weather and bad weather options, and if a marquee is involved, is this an extra cost?
- Some locations are very remote so make sure you understand distances from airports and transport options for your guests.
- What are the nearby or onsite restaurant options? Are they within walking distance?
- Always check minimum stay requirements and weekend wedding restrictions; sometimes a mid-week wedding can save you money. Check if they will offer you a discount if you book an extra night.
- Check any local festival calendars to see what’s happening in the nearby villages and town squares that could affect your plans.
- Hire a good wedding planner who knows the area and the local suppliers and speaks the language!
- Enjoy yourselves!