Guinigi is an impressive 40 meters tower that used to be the residence of one of the most powerful families of the 1300. In the Middle Ages towers were a protection and Lucca had a lot of them - around 170 towers but only a few resisted the latest 700 years and certainly Guinigi is one of the most peculiar of them: there is an ancient oak tree on top of it!
Climbing the towerIt takes a little effort to get up there, there are many stairs, but the reward is fantastic! You can see all of Lucca - the old town and the newer one. Bring your camera and take fantastic pictures!
Guinigi Tower Practical Information
- June, July, August, September: 9.30 - 7.30pm
- October: 9.30 -5.30pm
- November, December, January, February : 9.30 am - 4.30 pm
- March: 9.30 - 5.30pm
- April, May: 9.30 - 6.30pm
- Adult tickets - Euro 3,50
- Children up to 10 years old, groups, students and over 65: Euro 2,50
- Tourism Agency of Lucca: (+39) 0583.919928