Next May 18 is “The Night of the Museums”, a European event that will open the doors of some museums and archeological areas, for an exciting, different (and free of charge) night out! For the occasion, guided tours, concerts and special exhibitions have been scheduled. Just to give you some examples:
- In Florence - These museums will be exceptionally open free, from 7pm to 1am: Uffizi Galleries, Accademia Gallery, Palatina Gallery (Pitti Palace) and San Marco Museum (with a concert of classical music at 8pm).
- In Arezzo - Special openings of the National Archeological Museum “Gaio Clinio Mecenate”, the Vasari house-museum, the National Museum of Medieval and Modern Art, The Basilica of San Francesco and Piero della Francesca frescoes.
- In Lucca - National Museum of Palazzo Mansi and National Museum of Villa Guinigi.
- In Pisa - San Matteo National Museum, Palazzo Reale National Museum, Certosa di Calci (with a guitar and flute concert at 9.30pm).
- In Prato - Special opening of the Tumolo di Montefortini (Carmignano) archeological site and of the Medici Villa of Poggio a Caiano (with a guided tour at 9.15pm - reservation required: 055 877012).
- In Siena - The National Archeological Etruscan Museum of Chiusi.
- In Pistoia - The Oratory of Tau and the Oratory of San Desiderio.