WhenFrom friday September 30th until Sunday October the 2nd 2011
WhereCapoliveri at Elba Island This event, dedicated to the celebration of the God Bacchus, has reached it’s sixteenth edition, it is however deeply rooted in the past. Since antiquity wine has been a fundamental part of Elba‘s daily life, more generally in the Mediterranean where it has always had a strong cultural, economic and social value. For three days, events for adults and children alike have been scheduled. Tastings, theme games and brief talks on vine growing for experts, never forgetting the main focus – the challange launched by the four rioni or neighborhoods: Baluardo, Fortezza, Fosso and Torre each one with their living choreography.
ProgrammeFriday 30th September 2011
- 9 pm races amongst the four rioni: grape pressing, bunch of grapes challenge, barrel race. Followed by wine and local product tasting.
- 6 pm in Capoliveri’s municipal Council Hall a conference will be held: “wine:food and health”. 18.30 h Holy Mass for the blessing of the coat of arms of the four Rioni in the Church of Santa Maria dell’Assunta.
- 6:30 pm Music & Dancing in the Piazza.
- 7 pm Opening of food and wines Bacchus is brought in the heart of the winning Rione. The party carries on amidst music and dancing.
- 10 am Baccus leaves the Fosso and reaches Piazza Matteotti. 12 until 5pm street band shows
- 2 pm the Rioni parade into the Piazza.
- 4:30pm the Rioni open with music and dancing in the Piazza.
- 9.00pm aearding of the “Trofeo Bacco” and the prize for the best “Slow Food dish at Isola d'Elba” Party and dances!
You might also be interested in