The summer is coming and Arezzo is ready to give us a lot of music and art events. Here they are:
- From June 7 to September 1st Arezzo hosts the first edition of the Biennale d'Arte “Icastica”, that this year is dedicated to contemporary art made by women. Over 20 locations in the city are involved, including museums, palaces, churches and some of the most charming squares. The city hosts music events as well as theatre, dance and art performances, installations, and conferences by 40 major contemporary artists from all over the world. Yoko Ono, Marina Abramovic, Isabella Rossellini, Emma Dante, Monica Guerritore take part in the event. Website.
- Into the former Quarries of Santa Maria di Levane, in the municipality of Bucine (Arezzo), from June 27 to 30 there will be the 8th edition of “Ne Pas Couvrir! Festival dell’Arte”. Music will be accompanied with exhibitions and performances of painters, poets and writers. Among the singers: Dub Mafia, Noyz Narcos, De Niro, The Cyborgs, Linea 77, RockIT AllStarz, The Venkmans, Sycamore Age! Website.
- Who does not know Arezzo Wave, the historic festival born and raised in Arezzo? This year Arezzo Wave will be held from July 11 to 14 near Arezzo, exactly in Civitella in Val di Chiana, in a beautiful green area perfect also for children; there will be a market and a single stage that will host the performance of Ministri (July 12), Marta sui Tubi and Nobraino (July 13), Annie Lennox (July 14) among others. Admission is free until 8pm, then the ticket is maximum 10€ (it depends from the day). Website.
- In Cortona, from July 27 to August 4, there will be the Cortona Mix Festival, an event created to celebrate the mix, the richness and variety of the arts and the ability to invent new suggestions. The program includes Alessandro Baricco (July 29), Elio e le Storie Tese (August 1st), Simonetta Agnello Hornby (August 2), Bjork (August 2). Website.
- Still in the beautiful Cortona, from July 18 to September 29 there will be a festival of travel photography called "Cortona on the Move". Exhibitions, screenings, panels, discussions, workshops and readings about the topic of travel. Website.